Dr. John Carruthers Hetherington 134
- Born: 1 Jun 1805, Thwaite Farm, Ruthwell, Dumfries, Scotland
- Marriage: Artemise Hanna on 15 Nov 1838 in Constantinople
- Died: 3 Nov 1884, Denbie House, Dalton, Dumfries, Scotland aged 79
Another name for John was John Hetherington Carruthers.
Name Variation: John Carruthers Hetherington was also known as John Hetherington Carruthers; his name was recorded as "John H. Carruthers", of Denbie, Dalton, on the Statutory Death Record of his father Richard. The order of his given and surname was entered on the O.P.R. Birth Record as John Carruthers Hetherington. He later switched his middle and surname, for reasons unknown at this writing.
SERVING ON HMS DAEDALUS IN THE PACIFIC 31 JUL 1849 AS SURGEON
SERVING ON HMS FORMIDABLE DOCKED AT SHEERNESS IN 1861 CENSUS
1881 CENSUS FOR DENBIE HOUSE, DALTON
Carruthers John Hetherington 18/8/1888 of Denbie, Parish of Dalton, County of Dumfries, late Surgeon, R.N., d. 03/11/1887 at Denbie, testate Dumfries Sheriff Court
Carruthers John Hetherington 25/10/1889 of Denbie, Parish of Dalton, County of Dumfries, late Surgeon, R.N., d. 03/11/1887 at Denbie aforesaid, testate Dumfries Sheriff Court
Noted events in his life were:
• Inheritance: Denbie House, on 24 Jun 1833, in Dalton, Dumfries, Scotland. upon the death of his grandfather, John Carruthers, 4th Laird of Denbie.
• He worked as a fleet surgeon, Royal Navy on 23 Nov 1841. He was on the retired list in 1881.
John married Artemise Hanna on 15 Nov 1838 in Constantinople.
as reported in the Sydney Morning Herald 05 Jun 1839.