William "Of Braes" Carruthers 4th Laird of Braes 134
- Born: Denbie, Dalton, Dumfries, Scotland
- Died: 7 Feb 1829, Braes, Dalton, Dumfries, Scotland
Noted events in his life were:
• Received sasine: Was infeft in Braes and other lands on, under burden of a liferent annuity of £5 to Grizel Bell, relict of John Carruthers, late of Braes, and the sum of £400 to Francis Carruthers, £300 to John Carruthers and £200 to each of Mary and Grace, their childre, 20 Sep 1806.
• He worked as an Attorney at Carlisle in 1808 in Dumfries, Scotland.
• He owned disposed of the estate to William Curll of Eastfield, the lands then being described as Braes, Kirtlebridge, Whitehill, Priestclose, Denkins, Caldwell Know; and Braes Park, under burden of liferent liferent of Grace and John Carruthers, sister and brothe on 4 Sep 1821 in Braes, Dalton, Dumfries, Scotland.