Patrick Christopher 556
Patrick and Mary settled on Crown Land in Osgoode Township around 1845. Brian Burns has documentation on this farm going back to about 1850. The legal description is the west half of Lot 4, Concession 4, 100 acres. This farm was in the family for 115 years, until Frank Burns sold it. It is now a subdivision of new homes. (This is now called the Stage Coach Road). The house was moved onto the property from the Nevins farm when the original log house burned down. The stones used to construct St. John's Church in Enniskerry were quarried from this farm. The witnesses at the marriage of Patrick Christopher and Mary Fitzgerald were Patrick Curtin and Catherine Power. Patrick and Mary are both buried at St. Mary's Church at South Gloucester. This church is now called Our Lady of the Visitation. There is no headstone. There are some records pertaining to the Christopher farm when Patrick died and left no will. The records are on Microfilm #TP-2 at the Osgoode Museum. There may have been a daughter named Alice, born in 1835 - she's in the 1852 census for Nepean as being employed as a domestic, age 17, Roman Catholic.
Noted events in his life were:
• He immigrated in 1830 to Nepean, Ontario, Canada.
• He had a residence in 1852 in Carleton, Ontario, Canada. 73
• He had a residence in 1861 in Carleton, Ontario, Canada. 33
Patrick married Catherine Landrigan before 1832. (Catherine Landrigan was born about 1814 in Ireland and died about 1834 in Ottawa, Carleton, Ontario, Canada.)
Patrick next married Mary Fitzgerald on 2 Feb 1835 in Ottawa; Ottawa (Basilique Notre Dame), Ontario.48 (Mary Fitzgerald was born about 1819 in County Cork, Ireland 557 and died on 2 Apr 1893 in South Gloucester, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 48.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Witnesses: Patrick Curtis And Catherine Power.